Monday, October 18, 2010

Just a little dinner conversation

Today's blog is not for the faint of heart. Just FYI ... I use some "words."
Ben has been asking a lot of questions about boys and girls in the last 4 or 5 months. He wants to know why we are "different." Today, he informed Jeremy and I that he was a girl.
He said, "Daddy, you are a boy. Mommy and Baby and I are girls."
Jeremy in his infinite wisdom decided to quench the argument with logic.
He said, "Ben, boys have dingers (that's what we call "those parts.") Girls don't. Do you have a dinger?"
Ben said, "Yes, I have a dinger right here." He pointed to the appropriate area.
Then he asked, "Mommy what do you have?"
I looked at Jeremy. I didn't know what to tell him. SO, I in my infinite wisdom, decided to appeal to science. All the "books" say to tell kids the real name for things.
My response: "Boys have a penis. Girls have a vagina." I figured quoting the sex ed teacher from American Pie is always the best way to go when having "the talk."
Ben looked at me with the serious look that I'm sure you've come to love hearing about and said, "No, Mom, Boys have a dinger. Girls have a China."

No comments:

Post a Comment