Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spiritual conversations

Since it has been so long since I've posted a blog, I decided to post two stories tonight. Hopefully now that summer is here I can be a little more faithful!

We are working with Ben on memorizing the 23 Psalm. He's good a memorizing songs and stories that we read a lot. After reading the book Faith Training (which I recommend for anyone with kids), I decided that he could start learning small passages. So far he "knows" the first two verses: The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside quiet waters.
We tried to practice tonight and he got out, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want" with a little help. Then he decided that he was going to say it to us so that we could repeat it. This is what we got:
God is my life.
God is everything.
Quiet waters.
He got two really important points... and part of the verse!

Our game at bed time right now is pretending that Ben and Jer are lions and I hide. It ends in Jeremy "attacking" me and Benjamin saving me. This usually results in Jeremy, or me, getting some sort of injury as Ben flails about.
Tonight, Ben got a little out of control and kicked Jeremy in the face. After Jeremy's recovery, he tried to talk to Ben about it, which was slightly unproductive. After prayers, Ben hugged him and said, "I love you, Dad. I'm sorry I kicked you in the face."
Jer: "It's okay, Ben. I forgive you."
Ben: "No, Dad, I forgive you. (hugging me) Mom, I forgive you, too. (arms extended) I forgive ALLLL the people."
We need to explain forgiveness soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment